Philippine court to prosecute Spaniard who abused 16-year old

PHILSTAR

THE ARRAIGNMENT for Spaniard Francisco M. Sanchez who allegedly sexually abused a 16-year-old Filipina last year and kept malicious photographs and videos of her is set on Oct. 15 before the Taguig City regional trial court.

In a group message to reporters on Viber on Wednesday, Justice Undersecretary Emmeline Aglipay-Villar said Mr. Sanchez filed a motion to dismiss the charges against him after the victim opted to withdraw the case, but “the prosecution will oppose the said motion.”

The Filipina in Mr. Sanchez’s case is the same victim of US Diplomat Dean Chevez.

A Metro Manila trial court issued a warrant of arrest on Aug. 26 for Mr. Chevez but Ms. Aglipay-Villar said “there is no court setting yet for the similar case filed against (him).” — Bianca Angelica D. Anago